This week we are stitching flowers and birds…
Use 2 strands throughout unless stated otherwise.
3 flower Motif…
You will need the following colours… #29, #3042, #902
These little flowers are so simple to stitch and look so pretty…
- #29: Satin stitch the 4 main petals.
- #3042: Straight stitch 3 stitches on the lower half of each petal.
- #902: Cross stitch over the flower centre and then bring the thread up in the centre to finish with a French Knot.
Repeat the same to stitch the other set of 3 flowers on the other side of the sampler.
Small Corner Birds x 2…
You will need the following colours… #422, #3809, #3348, #816, #3021
Using the below diagram as a guide, stitch as follows…
- #422: Satin stitch the head and belly.
- #3809: Satin stitch the wing.
- #3348: Straight stitch the green stripes.
- #816: Split stitch the red stripe on the head and the section at the base of the wing.
- #3021: Straight stitch feet, beak. French Knot eye.
For the tail feathers, straight stitch alternately in #3809 and #3348.
Stitch the bird on the opposite corner in the same way.
You will need the following colours… #, #3809, #3756, #154
- #154: Back Stitch the stem & satin stitch the leaves.
- #3809: Back stitch the outlines on the bell shape.
- #3756: Split stitch to fill inside the flower – the 3 stripes – keeping the outer edge lines visible.
Repeat the same stitching for the other identical flower.
Week 8 is Complete!
Make sure you show off your wonderful stitching in the Happy Stitching FB Group or on Instagram with #stitchdoodlesembroidery.
If you need help along the way just ask in the FB group as there are lots of lovely people stitching along with you who can offer lots of advice and support if needed.