Welcome to the ‘WinterBerry Cottage’ Stitch A Long
This Stitch A Long will take place for 10 weeks on the Stitchdoodles blog – Starting Wednesday 15th February 2023 and finishing on Wednesday 19th April 2023.
Each Wednesday during the SAL – a new tutorial will be published on the blog with all the information you need to complete a part of the WinterBerry Cottage Pattern.
If you are not familiar with a Stitchdoodles SAL and this is all new to you and you would like to join in, please go to this page to get all the information.
Do you need help with any of the stitches?
A Stitch A Long doesn’t provide you with the step by step instructions for the stitches themselves – it is a tutorial on how to stitch the pattern design – colours, techniques and stitches used etc. I will link to a ‘How to’ for certain stitches where I can, if you need further guidance, please take a look here …
Let’s get started…
Stitching the Cottage…
You will need the following colours…
#3803, #422, #3021, #3348, #936
Use 2 strands throughout unless stated otherwise.
Start by stitching the front walls of the house…
#3803: Stem Stitch
Start by stitching up the one side and then stitch adjacent lines of stem stitch across the front of the house to fill.
Obviously adjust as you come to windows but keep the stitch lines in the same direction. In the small gaps between the top and bottom windows you will satin stitch as the gap is so small.
Next, the windows…
#422: Satin stitch the 4 rectangles individually
#3021: Long stitch the cross in between the rectangles and then long stitch the outer edges on all 4 sides.
#422: Satin stitch the window on the door.
Your little red house should be starting to take shape now. All thats left are a few little details to make it complete…
- #3348: Back stitch the window sills
- #3348: Back stitch across the roof from bottom to top to fill.
- #3348: Long stitch up the sides and across the top of the roof.
- #3021: Split stitch vertically to fill the door and stitch a small cross over the window.
- #3803: Satin stitch the 4 chimneys
- Satin stitch a Door knob in a colour of your choice.
- #422 Satin stitch across the door step and straight stitch up each side.
- #936: Stem stitch the green each side of the door step.
- #3021: Back stitch the area under the door step that extends out to the edges of the green.
Your Beautiful little red cottage is complete!
I really hope you have enjoyed this first week.
Make sure you show off your wonderful houses in the Happy Stitching FB Group or on Instagram with #stitchdoodlesembroidery.
If you need help along the way just ask in the FB group as there are lots of lovely people stitching along with you who can offer lots of advice and support if needed.
How do I sign up for Winterberry stitch sling please?