Welcome to the ‘Winter Splendour’ Stitch A Long
This Stitch A Long will take place for 10 weeks on the Stitchdoodles blog – Starting Wednesday 12th January 2022 and finishing on Wednesday 16th March 2022.
Each Wednesday during the SAL – a new tutorial will be published on the blog with all the information you need to complete a part of the Winter Splendour Pattern.
If you are not familiar with a Stitchdoodles SAL and this is all new to you and you would like to join in, please go to this page to get all the information.
This week we are stitching the…
Victorian Lamp Post
You will need the following colours…
#413, #742, #3021
#996, #312, #820, #310
#730, #550, #3756
Use 2 strands throughout unless stated otherwise.
Start by stitching the main areas of the Lamp Post as follows…
- #742: Split stitch the 3 areas for the yellow lantern.
- #413: Split stitch the cone shape of the lamp above the yellow and straight stitch the small top bit before the decorative finial.
- #413: Back stitch bottom and mid section of the post.
- Long Stitch the lines between the yellow first and then long stitch across the top of the yellow.
- Satin Stitch the small rectangle at the top of the cone head and the Finnial then long stitch up each side of the cone and small rectangle to give a neat finish.
- Split stitch the section just below the yellow and then satin stitch the next section that meets the long post and straight stitch each edge of this to neaten.
There is 1 last rectangle to stitch in #3021 at the bottom of the lamp post ( the one near the foliage nearer the ground). Satin stitch this and straight stitch the edges.
Stitching the Bird…
Use the following photos for colour and stitch guides for the individual areas of the bird. Once the main colours are stitched use #310 to add a French Knot for the eye and straight stitch the beak and legs.
As a final detail… #312 – stitch 3 individual chain stitch to create tail feathers and then with #820 stitch a single stitch inside each chain stitch to add an extra splash of colour.
Stitching the Remaining details…
Use the colour and stitch guide to complete the block…
- #730 chain stitch the stems
- #550 French Knots flowers
- #3756 stitch the snowflakes with a star stitch first and then pop a french knot on each spike.
Complete the block with #3042 Back Stitch around the entire edge.
Share your fabulous stitching in the Happy Stitching FB Group or on Instagram with #stitchdoodlesembroidery.