…& create an exciting pattern over 12 weeks
Stitch a Longs are so much fun and with this, in mind, I have designed an exciting hand embroidery sampler for you to enjoy. You will be able to see the design come to life over the 12 weeks the SAL will take place.
About the design…
The pattern has been inspired by 17th Century Band Samplers which consisted of a narrow band of cloth that examples of needlework stitches and patterns were stitched on as a form of reference.
I love samplers and the bands give a more traditional and formal look whilst still allowing you to embrace different patterns and stitches. This makes it great for Stitch A Longs since you can complete small areas before moving on to the next.
Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. If you click through to a website and register or purchase something, I get a commission from that sale at no extra cost to you. All opinions and reviews are my own. You can read the full disclosure here.
Format of the Pattern…
Unlike many Stitch A Long patterns – the Spring Sampler template is shown in full. This is so that you can trace the whole design on to your fabric at the start. ( I think this will give you a much better finish).
This won’t spoil any surprises though since a template looks nothing like the finished embroidery – all the lovely stitches and colors have yet to be discovered. Plenty to look forward to.
Choose from 2 Templates:
I have created 2 templates for the pattern- one circular and one rectangular. Pick the one that you prefer to stitch. The pattern itself is the same – you can choose to stitch it in a hoop with the circular design or stitch on a frame for the more traditional rectangular design.
Thursday 5th March – in the first week we will trace the design on to the fabric and stitch the first block. Then every Thursday up to 21st May – the remaining blocks will be stitched.
A link is given for UK and International Suppliers
- Fabric – 16×16 inch
- Calico – I use this as a stabilizer behind my main fabric when stitching.
- DMC Embroidery Floss, in colors #309 strawberry, #777 cherry, #3803 berry, #758 antique pink, #223 dusky pink, #154 damson, #3834 plum, #3820 daffodil, #3853 orange, #825 blue, #3362 leaf green, #937 grass green, #371 moss green.
- Frixion Pen for transferring the design.
- Needle and Scissors.
- 10 inch embroidery hoop OR Siesta Bar Frame (you will need 2 x 12 inch bars and 2 x 9 inch bars)
- Fabric 16×16 inch
- DMC Embroidery Floss in colors #309 strawberry, #777 cherry, #3803 berry, #758 antique pink, #223 dusky pink, #154 damson, #3834 plum, #3820 daffodil, #3853 orange, #825 blue, #3362 leaf green, #937 grass green, #371 moss green.
- Frixion Pen
- Needle and Scissors
- 10 inch Embroidery Hoop OR Siesta Bar Frame (you will need 2 x 12 inch bars and 2 x 9 inch bars)
Get the Free Pattern for the Spring Sampler SAL…
The pattern is free for the duration of the stitch a long. You can download it here by filling out this form:
Join the Facebook Group
Join in with fellow stitchers, share your progress and let us see how you are getting on. Click on the image to join…
The first post will be Thursday 5th March – between now and then I will be showing how I transfer the design on to my fabric so watch out for that one.