Welcome to the January Freebie Friday Hand Embroidery Pattern
This is the first Friday Freebie of 2020. There are only 2 months left for the Birth Flower series of free patterns by which time we will have stitched a whole year!
The January Birth Flower is the Snowdrop.
Such a beautiful flower for the start of the year – there are none flowering near me as yet so stitching some will have to be the next best thing…
Just so you know, this post may contain affiliate links. If you click through to a website and register or purchase something, I get a commission from that sale at no extra cost to you. All opinions and reviews are my own. You can read the full disclosure here.
A link is given for UK and International Suppliers
- Fabric – 10×10 inch ( a 100% cotton is a great choice for a lot of embroidery.)
- Calico – I use this as a stabilizer behind my main fabric when stitching.
- DMC Embroidery Floss, in colours #3865 Ivory, #648 Beige, #906 light green, #904 dark green
- Frixion Pen for transferring the design.
- Needle and Scissors.
- 5 or 6 inch embroidery hoop
- DMC Embroidery Floss in colours 3865 Ivory, #648 Beige, #906 light green, #904 dark green
- Frixion Pen
- Needle and Scissors
- 5 or 6 inch Embroidery Hoop
You will also need the Pattern Template…
You can access the FREE Snowdrop Template Download from my Pattern Resource Library – see the link at the bottom of this post.
From the Snowdrop template, trace the hand embroidery design on to your fabric then pop in an embroidery hoop ready for stitching…
I used 2 strands of embroidery floss for all stitching.
Thread color and stitch diagram…
Close-ups of the different parts of the flowers when stitched…
Have fun stitching yourself some Snowdrops and let me see your finished embroidery.
If you would like to know how to mount your finished embroidery on a canvas board like those in this photo… check out the post here.
You can send me photos at email@example.com and I will include them here with your permission.
Free Template File for the Snowdrop Flower Design…
Get the password for the FREE Resource library with the Snowdrop template file here by filling out this form: