Welcome to the ‘Escape to Africa’ Stitch A Long
This Stitch A Long is taking place for 12 weeks on the Stitchdoodles blog – Starting Wednesday 31st May 2023 and finishing on Wednesday 16th August 2023.
Each Wednesday during the SAL – a new tutorial will be published on the blog with all the information you need to complete a part of the Escape to Africa Pattern.
If you are not familiar with a Stitchdoodles SAL and this is all new to you and you would like to join in, please go to this page to get all the information.
Do you need help with any of the stitches?
A Stitch A Long doesn’t provide you with the step by step instructions for the stitches themselves – it is a tutorial on how to stitch the pattern design – colours, techniques and stitches used etc. I will link to a ‘How to’ for certain stitches where I can, if you need further guidance, please take a look here …
Stitching Week 6…
This week its time to stitch that fabulous pink flamingo! Plus a few little extras.
You will need the following colours…
#3731, #718, #3827, #310
Use 2 strands unless stated otherwise
#3731: Back stitch around the main shape outline of the flamingo.
Stitching the Wing, use the following photo for reference… #3731: Split stitch the top line of feathers and then fill in between the 2nd & 3rd line of feathers as shown…
Finish the wing, #718: Split stitch the 2 remaining lines of feathers as shown…
To complete the Flamingo, stitch as follows…
- #3731: Split stitch the remaining body of the Flamingo following the curves as you go. It is more naturally flowing to start at the head and stitch down the neck and then under the wing – once filled you can then just stitch over the back of the body curve.
- #3827: Split stitch to fill each of the legs.
- #310 (1 strand): Back stitch the outlines of the beak and centre face marking and then fill in the tip of the beak with split stitch. Stitch a French knot for the eye (with 1 strand and wrapping once around the needle).
You will need the following colours: #946, #725, #905
You will need the following colours: #632, #976, #725
Fly Stitch the ‘V’ shapes in the same sequence of colours.
Stitching the smaller Flower block…
- #725: Fishbone stitch the Petals
- #312: Straight stitch the stems
- #718: Satin stitch the Buds
Week 6 is complete!
Make sure you show off your colourful Flamingo’s in the Happy Stitching FB Group or on Instagram with #stitchdoodlesembroidery.
If you need help along the way just ask in the FB group as there are lots of lovely people stitching along with you who can offer lots of advice and support if needed.
Week 7 is on the blog Wednesday 12th July… See you then!
Stitching the Block outlines…
You can stitch these as you go or leave them all to the end… #422 (3 strands): Back Stitch.